9.14.2009

Helvetica

I watched clips from the documentary Helvetica today, and was astonished at the amount of dedication some people give to the typeface. To somebody who has never really thought about the significance before, a sentence typed in helvetica probably has no meaning, but to some typographers, it says a lot. It's amazing how many different examples of Helvetica there are in the world. On buildings, billboards, ads, magazines, and anything else you can imagine, it's everywhere. From what I saw of the movie, it looks really interesting and I would like to watch the whole thing all the way through some time. I'd love to understand how something so simple could be such a huge part of a person's life.

Here are some examples of helvetica that I found in my everyday life:

No comments:

Post a Comment