9.18.2009

6:00 AM

Reading through Jille's random websites at 6:00 AM, i was just thinking to myself, I would love to look at something that will wake me up right now. Her find "1000 journals project" did just that. Especially Journal 915 (http://www.1000journals.com/index.php?view=Journals%2FExpandedDetail&number=915&x=0&y=0). The business of this journal kept my eyes moving throughout the pages and the colors caught my attention so well. The time and creativity put in to that journal is inspiring. It reminded me of the routines article that she showed us last class. This kid obviously had some kind of routine that he went through every day; he posted the most random of things sometimes.

I also came across the "Very Small Objects" website. I was jealous when I flipped through the pictures. It would have been such a good idea for this routine/collecting project, to just find tiny tiny objects and take macro photos of them. I think I might just do that regardless. I love how much detail these objects have. To me, it's like proof that God doesn't miss a single beat when designing the world and everything in it.

I also really enjoyed http://www.maryellenmark.com/. Her classic photography just made me feel kind of warm. There's nothing too special about it in the effects that she uses/used, but her photographs are just classic and touching. I loved looking at the pictures of older celebrities in their younger days especially, for some reason. It made me feel so insignificant, but not in a bad way. Just like a little reminder that there are bigger things than me, and everybody is growing older with me. I don't know why it made me feel that way. It just did.


I also just decided a few minutes ago that I would post a link to music that I'm listening to at the time of the post; just to give you readers a taste of how I was feeling when this was written...


Music I was listening to while posting this: http://sadsteve.com/preview.py?url=http://www.antinomian.com/trans/knife/knife-heartbeats.mp3&song=Heartbeats&artist=The%20Knife

No comments:

Post a Comment